One of the most important parts of becoming a bar/bat mitzvah is the mitzvah project. This act of tzedakah is a way to give back to your community and redirect resources from consumption to tikkun olam. As an all-volunteer organization, we at DogAbility Center know the value and importance that all different types of donation can have. We invite you to consider DogAbility Center in your mitzvah project for a special, fun, and unique way to complete this part of your becoming an adult in the Jewish faith. The information provided here will answer your questions and explain how your contribution to DogAbility Center will help us contribute to our important work and giving back to our community, we could never do it without support from people like you! If you have any other questions please let us know and we hope you will consider supporting DogAbility Center at this special time in your life.
Why Include DogAbility Center in Your Mitzvah Project?
- We are right in your local community where you can see the immediate impact of your contributions
- As an all-volunteer organization, 100% of your contribution goes directly to helping DogAbility Center and all those we help
- A unique and fun way to incorporate service and charity into your mitzvah project
- A chance to use your personal skills and interests towards a great cause and non-profit organization
- A chance to meet our wonderful dogs and volunteers!
- Experience to learn about an innovative organization in an interesting, up-and-coming field
- Supporting a one-of-a-kind organization to continue on with our mission
- A chance to network with students and professionals in the fields of animal behavior, special education, education, psychology/social work, veterinary medicine, and many more!
- An excellent way to add service to your résumés and applications
- The potential for a future volunteer position at DogAbility Center
How to Raise Funds
- Make a contribution from gifts received
- Start a DogAbility Center campaign on donation websites
- Host a bake sale at your school or temple to raise funds for DogAbility Center
- Plan a car wash in the warmer months to support DogAbility Center
- Encourage your friends, family, mitzvah guests to help support our cause and donate
Examples of Programs to Suport at DogAbility Center
- Provide funding for a group or school in need to attend a session at DogAbility Center
- Provide funds to purchase necessary books for our Canine Literacy Partners
- Provide funding for the purchase of new and updated equipment for our activity program
- Financially sponsor the membership/training costs for a specific canine team at DogAbility Center
- Give back to the Jewish community by sponsoring a special needs Hebrew school class or Jewish War Veterans group visit
Remember -- BE CREATIVE! We strongly encourage you to tap into YOUR strengths ad interests when planning your mitzvah project. Whether it's art, sports, reading, dancing, etc., this is your chance to shine and give back in a way that means the most to you and your communty.
Please contact us to get started -- or with questions and/or additional ideas.